How the Canada-Ontario Job Grant Can Fund Your Company's Training
As the landscape of manufacturing changes, with plant operations becoming increasingly automated, more technically skilled workers are required to maintain your company’s competitive edge.
Are you an Ontario employer trying to fill positions or vacancies or upskilling your workers? If the answer is yes, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, along with George Brown College Technical Certificate programs can help. The Canada-Ontario Job Grant today can help extend your training budget. And our online technical certificate programs in Automation, Electronics, Electromechanics, Robotics and PLCs can help you meet your training mandate by upgrading skills or cross-training your workforce. And with our self-paced, online format, your employees can complete these programs without interrupting their standard scheduling hours.
What is the Canada-Ontario Job Grant?
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides financial support to Ontario employers that want to provide training for their employees. It is available to small, medium, and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
How does the Canada-Ontario Job Grant Work?
- The Canada-Ontario Job Grant will provide up to $15,000 in training cost per employee
- Employers with more than 100 employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs
- Employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of the training costs
- Employers hiring an employee who is unemployed may be eligible to receive 100% funding for the training of that individual.
- An employer must be licensed to operate in Ontario and the job must be in Ontario
- Training must be less than 1 year,
- Application for funding must be approved prior to the start of the training
Our Eligible Programs are:
- Electronics Technician Certificate • Electromechanical Technician Certificate
- PLC Technician Certificate • PLC Technician II Certificate
- Robotics Technician Certificate • Automation Technician Certificate
For general information regarding the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, including employer eligibility and application forms, visit the Ontario Job Grant website.
If you are interested in learning more about the Canada-Ontario Jobs Grant and exploring our Technical Certificate programs, please contact a Program Consultant toll-free at 1-888-553-5333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by ben siokp (not verified) on Tue, 06/28/2022 - 14:33
Please tell me more about your services and how to get started
Submitted by iris on Thu, 07/07/2022 - 13:19
Registration is available on a continuous intake basis, meaning you can register today and start the program immediately. You can register online (by clicking the register button in the top navigation or calling a Program Consultant, toll-free at 1-888-553-5333.