Frequently Asked Questions
- What does the program cost and what payment options are available?
- Is the Robotics Technician Certificate training program accredited?
- What are the prerequisites for the Robotics Technician Certificate program?
- Does the program have a specific start and end date?
- How long does it take to complete the Certificate program?
- Are there exams and how are they written?
- What is the passing grade for the Robotics Technician Certificate program?
- Do I ever have to physically attend the college?
- What's included in the Interactive Learning Package?
- What kind of technical and tutorial support is offered?
- How do you obtain hands-on-experience with this program?
- What computer hardware and software is needed to complete the program?
- What is the Honor System Policy?
- What is the withdrawal, drop and refund policy for this program?
Option 1 - Pay-As-You-Learn Registration
Initial registration is $490 (includes the CD-ROM, all learning materials, laboratory simulation software, user guides and Module 1) and registration for each of the remaining 12 modules is $90/module. Students may register for one or more modules at any time.
Option 2 - Full Registration: $1570
Students register and pay for the complete program at initial registration.
A2: Yes our program is accredited. George Brown College is a fully-accredited post-secondary institution operating under the authority of the Ministry of Colleges and Universities in the Province of Ontario. The College received its Charter in 1967 and operates four campuses in Toronto, Canada with over 14,000 full-time and 60,000 part-time students. All certificates, diplomas, and degrees conferred by George Brown College are done so under the power vested in its Board of Governors through the Government of Ontario. George Brown College is a member of the Association of Community Colleges of Canada (ACCC) which is a national organization consisting of over 200 post-secondary institutions.
A3: Students entering this program must have a high school diploma with credits at, or above, the general level or hold an equivalent mature student status. An electrical/mechanical/electronics background is helpful but not essential.
A5: The average completion time is approximately 28 weeks of part-time study. The flexible computer-based modules are designed to fit into your schedule, not ours, so you can work at your own pace to complete the program.
- CD-ROM-based curriculum
- Robotics simulation software
- Tutorial and Technical Support
- Access to additional online program resources
- Online Testing
A10: While enrolled in the program, students receive technical and tutorial support from the program's Student Support Center. The Student Support Center is open Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time) and can be contacted by calling 1-888-553-5333 (ref: ) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A11: The program uses state-of-the-art robotics simulation that converts your computer into a fully functioning robot that you can program and operate. With the robotics simulator you can design, test and troubleshoot robotics programs.
- CD-ROM drive & Sound Card
- Intel Pentium or equivalent
- 32 MB RAM (64 MB recommended)
- 100 MB available disk space
- Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/ME/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- Internet Access
- Email Account
A13: Once enrolled in the robotics program, you are responsible for obeying and supporting an honor system that prohibits lying, cheating, or stealing in relation to the academic practices of George Brown College. The honor systems also required you to refrain from conduct that significantly impairs the welfare or the educational opportunities of others in the George Brown College community. You are expected to do your own work in all aspects of your program.
A14: To receive a tuition refund, a student must provide the Distance Education Support Services Center with a written Request to Withdraw letter no later than ten business days after receiving the module materials. There will be a $20 administration fee charged, per module, to process the refund.
Please note that there is no refund on the Interactive Learning Package which includes the CD-ROM module materials. Please also note that the textbook cannot be returned for a refund.
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing and mail delivery of tuition refund cheque. If you do not receive your tuition refund cheque within six weeks of submitting your Request to Withdraw letter please contact the Distance Education Support Services Center at toll-free (1-888-553-5333) (ref: ) .
Please include the following information in a Request to Withdraw letter:
- Student Number
- Module Registration Number
- Reason for withdrawal
A Request to Withdraw refund request letter should be faxed to the Distance Education Support Services Center at 416-415-4683 (ref: ) or mailed to George Brown College, Distance Education Support Services Center, PO Box 1015 Station B, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M5T 2T9.